Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
TRAICE Academy Parent Involvement Plan
Tulsa Public Schools shall promote parent involvement in all schools as mandated by Title I and work as equal partners with parents in providing quality learning experiences for every student, every day, without exception.
The Board believes and acknowledges that parent involvement raises the academic achievement level of students. Additionally, parents become empowered, teacher morale improves and communities grow stronger when parents take an active role in educating their children. To this end, schools shall involve parents in the education of their children at all grade levels. The Superintendent of his/her designee shall provide coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist all schools in planning implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
Building Parents Capacity for Involvement:
The Board believes that empowering parents to insist on improvement and giving schools extra incentive to do so and by giving parents options regarding their children's education helps the district to realize its vision for patrons of the community. As a result of this belief, the Board shall create an environment of supportive and collaborative parent involvement. Each school community will demonstrate parent/guardian involvement and support through membership in its respective parent/guardian association, and the district will continue to increase its Partners-in-Education agreements with community and business partners. The Professional Learning department will promote professional competence of all certified, licensed and support personnel. The District will offer and all certified employees will participate in professional development for all topics as required by law as well as classroom management and student discipline strategies, social emotional learning, outreach to parents, literacy, diversity and equity education and other components as required for school improvement.
TRAICE Academy (7-12) will offer the following options to parents:
• Parent teacher conferences as scheduled by the district and as needed by parents, students and teachers
• College and Career readiness resources and activities
• Advisory classes for enhanced social emotional learning activities
• Therapeutic counseling services on site
• Leadership skills and training for students including but not limited to Girl Power, Youth Services of Tulsa, Tulsa City-County Health Department and others
• Increased Title I parental involvement
• Parent Facilitator
• ELL Coordinator
• Twice weekly parent orientation meetings to welcome and involve parents in the TRAICE Academy experience
TRAICE Academy (7-12) Involvement and Communication with parents will offer:
• Pertinent information from teachers, counselors, and administrators via email to parents with internet access
• Teachers will utilize IEP meetings and parent teacher conferences to disseminate information
• Access to textbook publishers' websites in order to ask questions and seek information
• All teachers will call parents frequently to make them aware of student progress
• English and Spanish communication provided verbally and in writing
• TRAICE administration will conduct transition meetings with receiving homeschool sites prior to students' return in order to facilitate a successful returning placement
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
Oklahoma State Department of Education
Parent/Student Portal Help Guide